Thursday, December 20, 2007

The valley of longevity

Last weekend we made an excursion with some kids to Villcabamba in the Valley of Longevity. Allegedly, it is not uncommon for people there to grow to be well over 100 years old. Makes sense , as it is a very mellow and beautiful spot. I cant confirm seeing anyone who was in their early 110´s (as I didnt ask), but I suppose a 114 year old man there would only appear to me to be in his 70´s or 80´s to my untrained eye... Anyhow, it was a relaxing weekend at a beautiful resort called Izchayluma. It cost us all of 9 dollars a night too, including a big breakfast. We went on a 5 hour hoarse ride on Sunday through the jungle. In what Im sure is an ongoing joke, they stuck me on the smallest hoarse of the lot. Funny stuff. Ill get some pictures up some time before too long.

No comments: